We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: July 20, 2011
Hypertension and Gum Disease – Interesting Facts
According to the American Heart Association:
• 75 million people in the United States 20 and older have high blood pressure (HBP), only 77.6% are aware of their condition
• One in three adults has HBP, 55.9% do not have it under control
• In 2006 HBP killed 56,561 people in the United States
According to the American Academy of Periodontology:
• Three out of four Americans suffer from some form of gum disease
• ONLY about 3% seek treatment
• Gum disease may be linked to several other diseases, including diabetes, heart disease and certain forms of cancer
For more information visit: www.americanheart.org & www.perio.org or contact us!