We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: July 20, 2011
Hypertension and Gum Disease – Interesting Facts
According to the American Heart Association:
• 75 million people in the United States 20 and older have high blood pressure (HBP), only 77.6% are aware of their condition
• One in three adults has HBP, 55.9% do not have it under control
• In 2006 HBP killed 56,561 people in the United States
According to the American Academy of Periodontology:
• Three out of four Americans suffer from some form of gum disease
• ONLY about 3% seek treatment
• Gum disease may be linked to several other diseases, including diabetes, heart disease and certain forms of cancer
For more information visit: www.americanheart.org & www.perio.org or contact us!