Rye Smiles for Life
10614 Warwick Avenue, Ste A, Fairfax, VA 22030
The most unattractive thing about a smile are discolored teeth, according to a recent American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) consumer poll. And the numbers prove it! Whitening treatments are the number one requested cosmetic dental procedure and have increased more than 300% since 1996, according to the AACD.
While daily home care and regular professional cleanings are essential for maintaining healthy teeth and gums, certain foods can help remove stains from your teeth. Foods such as apples, pears, celery, carrots, cauliflower and cucumbers produce saliva which combines with the foods’ natural fibers to naturally clean teeth and remove bacteria.
More White Smile Diet Foods and Tips:
• Strawberries will naturally whiten your teeth.
• Lemons will lighten and brighten too (just as they naturally “bleach” your hair, they can do the same for your teeth)!
• Avoid drinking coffee, dark syrup sodas, red wine and blueberries. All stain teeth quickly.
• Drink from a straw whenever possible this allows food dyes to bypass teeth altogether.
• Baking soda will help remove stains and build up. Brush it on your teeth twice a month, just as you would toothpaste, and rinse.
• Raw veggies are not only healthy to eat, but they will clean your teeth and remove topical stains.
• The mechanical action of chewing sugarless gum can also stimulate saliva and clean teeth surfaces, though not recommended for patients with TMJ.
Call our office at (703) 565-2503