We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: May 19, 2009
A White Wedding Isn’t Complete Without a White Smile
Today’s brides want everything to be perfect on their wedding day – the weather, the dress, the party and now, their smile. According to a recent study conducted by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), 96% of adults believe an attractive smile makes a person more appealing to members of the opposite sex. If you are one of the thousands of people considering enhancing your smile, why not do it before that walk down the aisle?
When scheduling a smile consultation, consider these guidelines:
• Be sure to find a dentist who will listen to your needs. Many dentists offer consultations, which allow you to discuss your needs one-on-one. Be prepared to discuss how you feel about your smile and what changes you would like to make to achieve a desired outcome.
• Ask to see the dentist’s before and after photographs of actual patients.
• Ask for references. Accomplished cosmetic dentists are proud to share with you the names of other patients who have received the benefits of similar treatments.
• Ask the dentist how they keep up-to-date with new techniques and technology, and make sure they are an active member of the AACD.
• Be sure to find a dentist that matches your personality.
• Expect the dentist to recommend a comprehensive examination before any treatment begins. The dentist should be able to assess all aspects of your dental health, such as gum disease, tooth decay, overall oral function and the potential longevity of the completed cosmetic treatment.
At Ryesmilesforlife, we have different methods of whitening to provide our patients with the life-changing smiles they’ve dreamed of for years. When you’re ready to have that great smile you deserve, contact us to schedule a consultation.